6. The Friendship Store English Bookstore
Inside the first floor of the Friendship Store is a small bookstore featuring Western magazines, lots of imported books on Chinese history and culture, current Western novels, and travel books. (A hint about buying books at this store: if you find something here that is published in China, it is better to instead pick it up at the nearby Wangfujing Xinhua Bookstore or the Wangfujing Foreign Languages Bookstore, since the markup at The Friendship Store is at times quite steep).
7. The Beijing Language and Culture University Press Bookstore
This is the best place in Beijing to buy Chinese language learning books of all levels, tapes, dictionaries, phrase and grammar books, slang books, and even famous Western books on linguistics.
8. The China Bookstore
This store has a small collection of English books but it is THE place in Beijing to buy Chinese art books, books on calligraphy, post cards, and photography books. The selection is impressive. Alongside both East and West Liulichang Street, which runs in front of the main entrance to this bookstore are several other good art bookstores. This famous area has sold books and art supplies in Beijing for more than 300 years. And while it is now touristy, it is still the place to get some excellent and cheap art books.
9. Yansha Tushu Tiandi
On the 6th floor of the Lufthansa Shopping Center is the Yanshatushutiandi Bookstore. It has a large collection of imported books on China, bestseller Western novels, and even Western art and photography books.
10. China Economic Bookstore
The China Economic Bookstore has a limited number of general interest English books, but a good selection of material dealing with economic and business related matters in China, including reference books and dictionaries.
Enter the keywords and check more
Check what is hot now!
- Raising Reality
- Chinese words60—熬夜stay up late or all night. burn the midnight oil.
- THE LADUZI ADVENTURE
- Cooperation with Qing Hua university activity
- Chinese words59—八九不离十very near. not far out.
- ‘TOP 10’ CHINESE VEGGIE LIST A BIG ‘MISSED-STEAK
- Embrace 北京 Outdoors
- David Guetta performs in the 2013 Great Wall Music Festival
- Chinese worse 58—八字没一撇There’s no sign of anything happening yet; nothing has been done so far
- TOP 10 CHINESE VEGETARIAN DISHES
What do you think about MY Chinese study?
- Calvin on Business group Chinese class in April &May
- my chinese study on What Is the Chinese Waving Cat?
- ralph lauren style on Skiing in Huaibei Ski Field on December 27th, 2011
- getting on or off ,and pay for a bus in china | MY Chinese Study—Beijing mandarin school in Sanlitun! on Bus Tip 1 – How to read a bus timetable
- Tabitha Letscher on “dos” and “don’ts”in China
Know more about MY Chinese Study