Enter the keywords and check more
Check what is hot now!
- Embrace 北京 Outdoors
- David Guetta performs in the 2013 Great Wall Music Festival
- Chinese worse 58—八字没一撇There’s no sign of anything happening yet; nothing has been done so far
- TOP 10 CHINESE VEGETARIAN DISHES
- Chinese words 57—帮倒忙Be more of a hindrance than a help. Do someone a disservice.
- Chinese words 56—保护伞someone or some power that can provide special protection like an umbrella.
- FRUITS FOR A CHINESE SUMMER
- Mother’s Day gift of life
- Chinese words55—饱眼福Feast one’s eyes on.
- Chinese words54—-不认账Go back on one’s word
What do you think about MY Chinese study?
- Calvin on Business group Chinese class in April &May
- my chinese study on What Is the Chinese Waving Cat?
- ralph lauren style on Skiing in Huaibei Ski Field on December 27th, 2011
- getting on or off ,and pay for a bus in china | MY Chinese Study—Beijing mandarin school in Sanlitun! on Bus Tip 1 – How to read a bus timetable
- Tabitha Letscher on “dos” and “don’ts”in China
Know more about MY Chinese Study
八字没一撇 There’s no sign of anything happening yet; nothing has been done so far 【发音】bā zì méi yī piě 【释义】撇，为汉字的笔画，形状“丿”。“撇”也是“八”字的第一个笔画。八字没一撇，意思是还没开始动笔写“八”这个字，比喻事情还没有眉目。 Pie is the left-falling stroke in Chinese and the first strike for character ba. This phrase literally means that the … Continue reading
帮倒忙 Be more of a hindrance than a help. Do someone a disservice. 【发音】bāng dào máng 【释义】指因帮忙不得法，反而给人添麻烦。 This phrase refers to a person who tries to perform good deeds or to help others but causes more trouble in the process. … Continue reading
保护伞 someone or some power that can provide special protection like an umbrella. 【发音】bǎo hù sǎn 【释义】比喻可以起庇护作用的力量或人物（多含贬义）。 This phrase, in a sarcastic way, compares someone or some power to an umbrella that can protect certain people or organizations. 【例1】这和全球许多地方滥用权力的情况是个强烈的对比。在这些地方，身居高位者不为人民谋福利，却利用保护伞和职权中饱私囊。 This is … Continue reading
饱眼福 Feast one’s eyes on. 【发音】bǎo yǎn fú 【释义】看到想看而又难以看到的东西，并看个充分。 To feast one’s eyes on something special, rare or beautiful. To be psychologically satisfied. 【例1】女子花样游泳的表演很精彩，让我们大饱眼福。 The Women’s Water Ballet performance was very wonderful. It was a feast for our eyes. 【例2】精彩演出让观众大饱眼福。 … Continue reading
不认账 Go back on one’s word. 【发音】bù rèn zhàng 【释义】不承认所欠的账；比喻不承认做过的事或说过的话。 Refuse to acknowledge a debt (or an account);refuse to admit what one has said or done. 【例1】敌军耍了我们一票，撤军的事不认账了。 The enemy has pulled a fast one on us by breaking its word … Continue reading
不是滋味 Feel really bad; be upset. 【发音】bù shì zī wèi 【释义】心里感到不好受。 Feel really bad in the mind. 【例1】听了他的冷言冷语，我心里不是滋味。 After hearing his cold words, I felt very upset. 【例2】春节的傍晚，看见流浪汉仍在沿街乞讨，我心里很不是滋味。 Seeing waifs begging on the street on my way home on the … Continue reading
不问青红皂白 Confound right and wrong. 【发音】bù wèn qīng hóng zào bái 【释义】比喻不分是非，不问情由。 Indiscriminately; not to distinguish black from white; not to inquire into the reason. 【例1】哪里有激烈的战争，他就立即冲向那里，不问青红皂白就砍杀起来。 Where the fight is fierce, there he rushes in without hesitation, without question as … Continue reading
不见得 Not likely. 【发音】bù jiàn dé 【释义】不太可能，不一定。 Not necessarily so; it is improbable that. 【例1】他今晚不见得会来。 He’s not likely to come tonight. 【例2】我看今年长裙不见得会过时。 I will consider it unlikely (that) long skirt will go out this year.
背包袱 Have a load on one’s mind. 【发音】bēng bāo fu 【释义】喻指有沉重的经济或思想负担。 Carry a constant, worrisome burden in economy or mind. 【例1】你不要因此背包袱。 Don’t let it weigh on your mind. 【例2】他希望去掉这个包袱。 He hoped to get rid of the burden
不买账 Not buy it. 【发音】bù mǎi zhàng 【释义】比喻不承认对方的长处或力量，不佩服或不服从。 Be unwilling to accept someone’s authority or advantage; not go for it. 【例1】对于官僚主义，群众是不买账的。 The masses won’t go for bureaucracy. 【例2】房子降价了，可消费者还是不买账。 Though the house price has fallen down, customers still won’t go for … Continue reading