Enter the keywords and check more
Check what is hot now!
- Chinese words 61—爆冷门Have unexpected result. A dark horse bobs up.
- Raising Reality
- Chinese words60—熬夜stay up late or all night. burn the midnight oil.
- THE LADUZI ADVENTURE
- Cooperation with Qing Hua university activity
- Chinese words59—八九不离十very near. not far out.
- ‘TOP 10’ CHINESE VEGGIE LIST A BIG ‘MISSED-STEAK
- Embrace 北京 Outdoors
- David Guetta performs in the 2013 Great Wall Music Festival
What do you think about MY Chinese study?
- Calvin on Business group Chinese class in April &May
- my chinese study on What Is the Chinese Waving Cat?
- ralph lauren style on Skiing in Huaibei Ski Field on December 27th, 2011
- getting on or off ,and pay for a bus in china | MY Chinese Study—Beijing mandarin school in Sanlitun! on Bus Tip 1 – How to read a bus timetable
- Tabitha Letscher on “dos” and “don’ts”in China
Know more about MY Chinese Study
Tag Archives: Chinese custom
Twins get a haircut at a barbershop in Huaibei, Anhui province on March 13, 2013, which is the traditional Chinese festival Longtaitou (dragon head raising), which refers to the start of spring and farming. During the festival, held on the … Continue reading
Lantern Festival Party was held on last Sunday (Feb.24th) at MY Chinese Study, which attracted students and visitors to come. In this party, all the students and visitors played funny games, tasted glutinous rice balls, made dumplings, and learned the … Continue reading
It might not be easy to think of a nice wish for this zodiac year, but the reptile is an important part of Chinese culture. Peng Yining provides some insights. As a tradition, Chinese people greet each other with propitious … Continue reading
2013年2月4日是立春。立春是一年中的第一个节气，一般在公历2月3日—5日之间。“立”是“开始”的意思，立春就是春季的开始。立春以后，气温回升，人们明显地感觉到白昼长了，太阳暖了。春耕大忙季节在全国大部分地区陆续开始。所以在中国传统习俗中，立春这一天既是一个节气，也是一个迎春的节日，会有很多庆贺、祭典的活动，至今民间仍保留着一些。例如有些村镇立春日举办“迎春会”，常由十多岁的少年扮成一个官老爷，身穿纸官服，头戴纸帽，脚蹬纸靴，骑着牛，前往祭祀坛，带领百姓祈祷，保佑风调雨顺，五谷丰登，沿途敲锣打鼓，放鞭炮以迎接春天的到来。有的地方则由一人手敲小锣鼓，唱着迎春的赞词，挨家挨户送上一张春牛图。送春牛图，意在催促提醒人们，一年之计在于春，要抓紧农时，莫误大好春光。 立春的食俗突出一个“咬”字，叫“咬春”。讲究吃春饼、吃春卷、嚼萝卜等。“春饼”比吃烤鸭的薄饼要大一些、有韧劲一些，里面卷有很多菜，如：各色酱肉、熏肉或者盐腌肉；多种炒菜，如菠菜、韭菜、豆芽菜、粉丝、鸡蛋等。“春卷”以薄饼为皮，多以猪肉、豆芽、韭菜、韭黄、粉丝等为馅，卷好了炸着来吃。“嚼萝卜”则是北京的风俗，尤其是被北京人称作“心里美”的萝卜，生嚼起来又脆又甜又有点辣，口感水灵，妇孺老幼都喜欢。从药理上讲，常食萝卜有助于软化血管，降血脂稳血压，还可解酒、理气，具有营养、健身、祛病等功效。中国人讲究“药食同源”、“按时令进补”，立春时节嚼萝卜的习俗，就具体地体现了这种思想。 Start of Spring February 4, 2013, is the day of start of spring. Start of spring is the first solar term. Normally it comes between February 3 and February 5 in the Gregorian calendar. Li (立) means “to … Continue reading
One distinctive thing you must notice when you walk into a Chinese restaurant everywhere in the world is the cat statue sitting on the counter and waving at people. When you come to Beijing you will notice that the cats … Continue reading
“Guo nian la!” which means “The spring festival is coming!” in Chinese. The Spring Festival, also called “The Chinese New Year”, is the most important festival for the Chinese people when family members get together. In this traditional festival, every family … Continue reading
引子： 初到一个陌生的国家，总会有各种各样的“能做”“不能做”的建议出现在你周围，面对这种种的文化冲击，千万别晕，看看我们的小建议，会帮忙不少哦！ When arriving in a new country, it will be much more useful and helpful for you to know some “dos” and “don’ts”. Have you experienced some kind of “cultural shock” during the first days when you are in … Continue reading